Hi,

We run many Library / web / database applications on RedHat servers with SELinux enabled. Sometimes it takes a bit of investigation and horsing around but I haven't yet found a situation where it had to be disabled. setsebool and chcon can solve most problems and SELinux is an excellent enhancement to standard filesystem and ACL security.

-Graham

--
Graham Stewart
Network and Storage Services Manager, Information Technology Services

Ken Irwin wrote:
Hi all,

Thanks for your extensive suggestions and comments. A few folks suggested that
SELinux might be the issue. Tobin's suggestion to change one of the settings
proved effective:
"# setsebool -P httpd_can_network_connect 1".

Thanks to everyone who helped -- I learned a lot.

Joys
Ken