On Nov 23, 2009, at 1:32 PM, Ross Singer wrote:

> On Mon, Nov 23, 2009 at 1:07 PM, Eric Hellman <e...@hellman.net> wrote:
>
>> Does this answer your question, Ross?
>
> Yes, sort of.  My question was not so much if you can resolve handles
> via bindings other than HTTP (since that's one of the selling points
> of handles) as it was "do people actually use this in the real world"?

Well, the short answer to that question is "yes."

I think the discussion veered out of the zone of my understanding the point of
it. The original question related to whether a journal should register Crossref
doi's, and the short answer to that, as far as I'm concerned,  is an emphatic
"yes".

Eric Hellman
President, Gluejar, Inc.
41 Watchung Plaza, #132