MJ Suhonos wrote:
Yes, a group of us at the University of British Columbia and Simon Fraser
University in sushi-ski-beach-beer-MichaelBuble-soaked Vancouver, BC are
intending on submitting a proposal to host.

More specifically, I wonder what thoughts people have about how a VanC4L2011 might affect
/ be affected by the C4L North proposal, and Eric's comment that C4L was originally
"envisioned as an Access USA".  There seems to be a strong contingent on both
sides of the 49th parallel these days.

Having worked for UBC and SFU for a number of years (though, from Toronto),
I'll add my +1 to Vancouver for a 2011 venue.  But I'm still pushing for
Kingston in May as well.

MJ
I don't think it should effect the C4L North proposal at all . I see these regional thinks as separate events. If it would effect any, I think the C$L Northwest in Portland would be effected the most - but either way, the regional groups should continue to move forward.

C4L being held in Canada may effect voting, I don't know. We'll have to see what people vote and what other options appear. I do think there is something to C4L being south of the border and C4L being north but now that C4L is established and is not really the same as Access (and is in a different time frame) maybe that distinction isn't as important as it once was. Having recently been to Vancouver, I can tell you I'm more concerned about costs then it being in Canada (although I guess it being in Canada is related to the costs to some degree).

Edward