Hi Jill,

> So we were wondering,  Is there a mobile emulator for the Android phone
> you would recommend?

Yes.  Your best bet is to use the emulator that comes with the Android Software
Development Kit (SDK).  One of the other code4lib presentations included some
screenshots showing some of the steps to download that SDK and create and start
up an emulator instance [1].

> Is there a list somewhere of sites that show off Mobile searching well
> that you would recommend?

I would recommend taking a look at the M-Libraries wiki [2].

There are also some eclectic, but useful, links under the "mobile" tag in my
delicious account [3].  The focus is on the development end, but there are some
links to good mobile interfaces, too.

-- Michael

[1] "Mobile Web App Design: Getting Started"
    Presentation can be downloaded from
http://code4lib.org/conference/2010/doran

[2] http://www.libsuccess.org/index.php?title=M-Libraries

[3] http://delicious.com/michaeldoran/mobile