Writing code in "energy efficient" languages is the funniest thing I've heard in a while. It ranks up there with setting my desktop wallpaper to black because "it uses less energy."

More servers are required because more people are writing webapps because Ruby and PHP make it easier for more people to do it. Is there even a C webapp framework available?

-A

On 2010-05-10, at 16:59, stuart yeates <stuart.yea...@vuw.ac.nz> wrote:

Simon Spero wrote:

Of course, the real problem is that too many people are writing unoptimized code in energy-inefficient languages like ruby and PHP, which require far more servers, and far more cooling, to do the same work as properly written
code.

No, the real problem is with trolls sending flamebait.

cheers
stuart
--
Stuart Yeates