Hi Laura:

I started working with/for Library stuff in 1994. Been working on it more or less full-time now for nearly half that time. I moved from the IT department and became a library employee several years back. So...CS degree, no library education, but have picked a lot up over the years.

One thing that's still not 100% clear to me is the relationship between the types of records. I sort of know how bib, authority, holdings, and item records relate to each other. What I would have found helpful a long time ago would be something like an entity-relationship diagram for these records, with decent text explanations. I could use that even today.

Hmm. Perhaps also such a diagram+text for all the workflows in a library.

Roy Zimmer
Waldo Library
Western Michigan University