From: Code for Libraries [mailto:CODE4LIB@LISTSERV.ND.EDU] On Behalf Of Ron
Gilmour
Sent: Wednesday, July 01, 2015 9:13 AM
To: CODE4LIB@LISTSERV.ND.EDU
Subject: Re: [CODE4LIB] Hours of Operation on Website - management tool

Hi Ken,

The solution that we're using at Ithaca College Library meets some, but not
all, of your criteria. You can see the end result here
<https://ithacalibrary.com/services/hours.php>.

The ugly part is the back end, which is a hand-authored XML file that I create
a couple times a year based on what our circulation manager tells me. I guess
with a little instruction he could do it himself, but I haven't gone there. I'm
attaching a sample XML file in case you're interested. (PHP fills in default
values, so hours are only listed for days on which the hours deviate from
normal.)

We used to use a solution backed by Google Calendar, but that got all weird
when we started staying open overnight.

Let me know if you'd like more info.

Ron Gilmour
Web Services Librarian