Hi, so... what do you think of this ?
Julien Ammous On 5 December 2010 18:12, Schmurfy <[email protected]> wrote: > Hi, > I added a form of alternative to the filters which should do the job for > me. I added a new hooks for plugins, they can register/unregister filter > callbacks, the way they work is dead simple: > The callback method receives a copy of the value_list structure and is free > to change whatever is inside (a safer version should prevent any changes to > the length of values and values_len, currently I did the check in the lua > plugin). > > So what do you think of this solution ? > For me I can easily see it replace the curent filter system, here is a > concrete example: > > function cb_filter(vl) > if vl.plugin == "something" > vl.plugin = "something_else" > end > > return vl > end > > this would rename everything from plugin "something" to come from the > plugin "something_else". > The code is pushed on my lua branch and is working. > > > For the callbacks dilemma I still have (you did not answer my last > questions on it ;) ), I have another option for you between yours and mine: > Allow the lua scripts to define ONE and only one callback for each type > (collectd_register_read would becomes collected_set_read_callback). > Unless proved wrong I am convinced that providing more than one callback > for each script is useless and makes the plugin code far more complex than > it could, ever more since the language we call the function in is well able > to handle a dispatcher easier than the C code if the user really wants it. > > Julien Ammous. > > On 5 December 2010 08:51, Florian Forster <[email protected]> wrote: > >> Hi Schmurfy, >> >> On Sun, Nov 28, 2010 at 04:30:10PM +0100, Schmurfy wrote: >> > $PKG_CONFIG --exists lua5.1 2>/dev/null >> > becomes >> > $PKG_CONFIG --exists "lua >= 5.1" 2>/dev/null >> >> I've fixed this in my "ja/lua" branch. The name used by pkg-config is >> not determined fully automatically, but you can specify it manually by >> using the following form: >> >> $ ./configure [$OTHER_OPTIONS] LIBLUA_PKG_CONFIG_NAME="lua" >> >> Regards, >> —octo >> -- >> Florian octo Forster >> Hacker in training >> GnuPG: 0x0C705A15 >> http://octo.it/ >> >> -----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE----- >> Version: GnuPG v1.4.9 (GNU/Linux) >> >> iQIcBAEBAgAGBQJM+0SQAAoJEMPSHpbi2MmgWYIQAJKgSkSCumWCaM/FaisPO6gZ >> 5uQKXd5+aoWUONyP4eh9LBZXY3ExTpSHJakCnVPpdrFDiKG7dUTwgIksVP1TCqbz >> gSzWJ4NDBRUoYG6ahaynvAAnewFjkfb3SSygeNVz1wZl2EEqN1SozEV2t0ahDBcO >> hoAduMF9XDbkPyBPLArWN5o10JPn/sG0kmUKZ6nMUWrLtBXiJkElF78QvfI7a7ZZ >> P1y1+K9hTXM5G5jWyvsP2aAgA3/ceyiEsrS9dLUZ20QeuiVeV/pTmoH4aI0rSRKJ >> MfbEIsnqJnZkqyLd63r79hKFwrl63G5j+T+eKAM4eCKiuNfBZLmcD8xiVQRNCmoc >> iFPBbfsN+e+bG4QnRG7DXW23Z1ZGiIkkNpTkU6rhjE/eH3Tiz8n2PsSwfo/cEvem >> wZOv8DAoZY4c7fYO3Er35vMnU0Am7RB+6cFc+JCJL8t2wjmLOjAUGKTKaTigaX2u >> PK6lp6PAFLBLpAeJwhZBRc0kNaTEtim24oFHcbpU9HBVca9u2YaRvoylSFJfhO49 >> oDLv5llYLrq+s3hX440EOh7b5okj6lSKUWTrcuwOekE0vfwYHBLkasc9Cs44JYTy >> ok8aKk7MFEJr7FgCGxzFauP/NK0w6h9fJSHuI7r57GTGGT9oPCFus/vjBAvK/0Nu >> H9Z+Qz12Je5jxNFta8ud >> =LzTj >> -----END PGP SIGNATURE----- >> >> >
_______________________________________________ collectd mailing list [email protected] http://mailman.verplant.org/listinfo/collectd
