On 16/08/2013, at 5:16 PM, Cyril Feraudet <colle...@feraudet.com> wrote:
> Do you use rrdcached ? If not, use it and all you i/o problem will disappear.

Sounds too good to be true :-)

Is the scheduling improved somehow? Is it more efficient with writing the RRD
files? It seems that it will still need to update the RRD files as the rrd
plugin does now, so not sure how this means there'll be less demands placed on
IO.

We're planning on switching to opentsdb but that may be a little way off.

I have looked at rrdcached. With switching to rrdcached, can you do this while
keeping the RRD files in place? Or is there a migration process?

Cheers
Jesse