pilichoumao commented on PR #4769:
URL: 
https://github.com/apache/rocketmq-dashboard/pull/4769#issuecomment-5825883442

   Understood, and thank you for the precise rationale — closing was the right 
call. I verified both points on trunk: `rmq.group.detail`'s `instances[]` does 
carry clientId/protocol/address/subscribedTopics/lastHeartbeat/topicLag 
(group.yaml), and #4306 deliberately removed the client domain (2→0) when 
converging the catalog, so re-adding it reversed a recorded decision I failed 
to check. The design text I quoted predates that convergence — my mistake was 
reading the spec without reading the catalog's removal history.
   
   On the producer-side slice: noted that it is the genuinely uncovered part 
(producer groups + CLIENT_INNER_PRODUCER rows via `ProducerConnectionService`). 
I will not open anything there unless/until you confirm the tool-surface 
convergence is being reopened; if it is, I'd propose it as a single narrow 
read-only tool over that service, shaped by whatever domain naming the 
converged surface prefers.
   
   Lesson recorded on my side: before proposing a "missing" catalog surface, 
check `git log -S` on the catalog for deliberate removals and their rationale. 
I've applied that to my other open catalog PR (#4771) with a preemptive scope 
note referencing #4306.


-- 
This is an automated message from the Apache Git Service.
To respond to the message, please log on to GitHub and use the
URL above to go to the specific comment.

To unsubscribe, e-mail: [email protected]

For queries about this service, please contact Infrastructure at:
[email protected]

Reply via email to