SEZ9 commented on PR #12081:
URL: https://github.com/apache/seatunnel/pull/12081#issuecomment-5564339376

   Thanks @DanielLeens for taking the time to separate the two questions rather 
than restating the earlier approval — that framing matches how I'd like to land 
this.
   
   On the first bucket (`RequestFuture` completion/success semantics and the 
`WALWorkHandler` catch-widening), I agree these stand on their own merits, but 
I want to close out the points from my earlier review before we call them done:
   
   - **`RequestFuture.get()` unbounded wait / semantic change (F1, F3, F7).** 
Moving the untimed `get()` from a 1-second-capped wait to an unbounded block, 
and the timed `get()` from "return false" to `TimeoutException`, is a 
behavioral change for every caller. Please confirm there is no remaining caller 
relying on the old untimed `get()` returning, and add the new timeout contract 
to the `get(timeout, unit)` method Javadoc itself, not just the class-level 
comment.
   - **Worker survivability (F2, F4).** Widening the catch is the right 
direction, but as written the single disruptor consumer can still die if 
`executeResponse()` throws, and after an arbitrary write failure the handler 
continues with the same writer, which risks a torn record mid-file. I'd like 
either a guard around `executeResponse()` plus a writer reset/reopen on 
non-`IOException` failures, or a short note on why those paths are considered 
unreachable.
   - **Batch wait behavior (F6, F8).** `batchQueryExecuteFailsStatus` now waits 
the full configured timeout per entry sequentially, so a stuck worker can block 
`storeAll`/`deleteAll` for N × the timeout. Please consider a shared deadline 
across the batch, and downgrade the per-entry timeout logging so we don't emit 
a full stack trace at ERROR for each timed-out wait.
   
   On the second bucket, I'll stay within what I reviewed: 
`HdfsWriterFlushSyncPathTest` verifies method-call-count parity, and I agree 
with you that this should not be described as evidence of disk-sync-count 
parity or of resolving the reported variance — please adjust the PR 
description/test naming accordingly. Separately (F5), the test introduces 
Mockito but I don't see a `pom.xml` change adding the test dependency to the 
`imap-storage-file` module; please add it or point me to where it's inherited 
from.
   
   Once the items above are addressed I'm happy to re-review the 
`RequestFuture`/`WALWorkHandler` portion independently of the benchmark 
question.
   
   <!-- streview-comment:858 -->


-- 
This is an automated message from the Apache Git Service.
To respond to the message, please log on to GitHub and use the
URL above to go to the specific comment.

To unsubscribe, e-mail: [email protected]

For queries about this service, please contact Infrastructure at:
[email protected]

Reply via email to