SEZ9 commented on PR #10551:
URL: https://github.com/apache/seatunnel/pull/10551#issuecomment-5578088499

   Thanks @DanielLeens — appreciate the detailed answers on both points.
   
   1. Thanks for checking the raw body of review 5125052007. That's good enough 
for me to treat it as a rendering/collapse artifact rather than a truncated 
post; if it still looks cut off after a refresh I'll ask for the section, but 
no need to re-paste it now.
   
   2. Thanks for confirming the mapping. On the `getOwnedPendingCleanup(jobId, 
jobInfo)` substitution at `CoordinatorService.java:1217` (F2): I'd like to 
verify that against the diff on `805608cd8aa1` before I mark it resolved on my 
side — could you point me at the commit or hunk that introduced it?
   
   I understand you're treating the remaining items as non-blocking follow-ups; 
I'm going to keep them as the bar for my own approval given this PR's history, 
so to be explicit about what I still need:
   
   - F1 — replace the jobId-only `pendingJobCleanupIMap.containsKey` fence in 
`repairMissingJobStateForRestore` (`CoordinatorService.java:1254`) with the 
same ownership/generation-aware check used at line 1217, so a stale record from 
an older generation can't permanently block repair of the active generation.
   - F3 / F5 — document the `pendingJobCleanupIMap.lock(jobId)` → 
`runningJobStateIMap.lock(key)` ordering contract (and confirm 
`DistributedStateTransition` honours it), and move `jobMaster.init(...)` out 
from under the distributed lock in the master-switch restore path 
(`CoordinatorService.java:1208-1230, 987-1005`).
   - F4 / F6 — make `cleanupPendingJobStateMaps` 
(`CoordinatorService.java:987-1005, 884-926`) either continue past a failed 
remove or reschedule, so a partial failure doesn't leave orphaned state and a 
live cleanup record until the next master switch.
   - F7 — when repair returns null and there is no owned cleanup record 
(`CoordinatorService.java:1174-1181`), remove the stale `JobInfo` as the old 
code did rather than leaving a zombie entry.
   - F8 — add the foreign-generation-during-restore regression test in 
`CoordinatorServiceJobCleanupTest.java` covering the unowned 
stale-cleanup-record path.
   
   Once a commit lands for these I'll re-review promptly. If you'd prefer to 
split any of them into a follow-up PR, please say which ones so we can agree on 
that up front.
   
   <!-- streview-comment:879 -->


-- 
This is an automated message from the Apache Git Service.
To respond to the message, please log on to GitHub and use the
URL above to go to the specific comment.

To unsubscribe, e-mail: [email protected]

For queries about this service, please contact Infrastructure at:
[email protected]

Reply via email to