SEZ9 commented on PR #10551:
URL: https://github.com/apache/seatunnel/pull/10551#issuecomment-5611811333

   Thanks @DanielLeens — appreciated on both points.
   
   On the "truncated" comment: understood, that was a rendering/collapse 
artifact on my side, not a real cut. Sorry for the noise.
   
   On the head mismatch: you're right, I was working from `805608cd8aa1`. I 
hadn't picked up `f6919c586496` yet, and I have not verified that commit's diff 
myself, so I'm going off your description below until I re-check.
   
   **F1** — if `repairMissingJobStateForRestore`'s fence in `f6919c586496` now 
goes through `getOwnedPendingCleanup(jobId, jobInfo) != null` instead of the 
jobId-only `containsKey` check, that is exactly the fix F1 was asking for. The 
regression test you describe 
(`testMissingStateRepairIgnoresStaleCleanupRecordFromForeignGeneration`, stale 
record at `initializationTimestamp=100` vs. registered `JobInfo` at `200`, 
asserting `JobStatus.CREATED` and that the stale record is cleared) also covers 
the scenario in the finding. I'll re-read against that head and, assuming it 
matches what you describe, mark F1 resolved.
   
   **F8** — agreed with your split. The two rewritten 
`CoordinatorServiceJobCleanupTest` cases in `805608cd8aa1` 
(`testSubmitStartWithSavePointConsumesOwnedPendingCleanupAndSucceeds` and the 
`SavepointDoneState` variant) exercise the *owned* record path only, so they 
don't close F8 for the `submitJob` / `validateJobSubmissionFence` 
savepoint-restart fence. The new test in `f6919c586496` covers the 
foreign-generation case for the *repair* fence, which is F1's territory. So F8 
stays open for the submit-side fence specifically.
   
   Concrete remaining ask for F8: one test that seeds an **unowned** 
(foreign-generation) `JobCleanupRecord` in `pendingJobCleanupIMap` for the same 
jobId, then goes through the `submitJob` savepoint-restart path and asserts the 
submission is not aborted by that stale record. Same shape as the F1 regression 
test, just targeting the submit fence.
   
   Your comment cuts off mid-sentence at "covers the foreign-generation case" — 
if there was more after that (e.g. anything on the other findings), could you 
repost the tail? I don't want to presume the rest.
   
   <!-- streview-comment:935 -->


-- 
This is an automated message from the Apache Git Service.
To respond to the message, please log on to GitHub and use the
URL above to go to the specific comment.

To unsubscribe, e-mail: [email protected]

For queries about this service, please contact Infrastructure at:
[email protected]

Reply via email to