SEZ9 commented on issue #12164:
URL: https://github.com/apache/seatunnel/issues/12164#issuecomment-5611672397

   Thanks @Rangsh, and nice work turning this around quickly. I have seen the 
PR link (https://github.com/apache/seatunnel/pull/12218) and will review it as 
my next step; I have not gone through the diff yet, so I am not making any 
statement about its contents or CI here.
   
   To make that review fast, a few concrete asks on the PR itself, all within 
the scope we agreed on in this thread:
   
   1. **Rollback boundary**: please call out in the PR description exactly 
where the new cleanup runs relative to context publication, 
`onContextPublished`, and task submission, so I can confirm a failure at the 
callback/submission boundary removes both the `executionContexts` entry and the 
associated `cancellationFutures` state, and that the pre-publication cleanup 
path is unchanged.
   2. **Regression test determinism**: please note how the post-publication 
failure is injected (i.e. that it is a deterministic hook rather than 
timing-based), and confirm the test asserts the second `deployTask` for the 
same `TaskGroupLocation` actually executes rather than merely returning success.
   3. **Master-failover preservation**: please confirm the test for the 
"already active, healthy task returns success without redeploy" case exercises 
the existing guard as-is, with no change to its semantics.
   4. **Scope**: please confirm the PR touches only `TaskExecutionService` and 
its test coverage, with no executor or classloader lifecycle changes, and that 
it is based on current `dev` (I last checked at `f6ed9579c5e`).
   
   Nothing further is needed from you on this issue itself; I will move the 
remaining discussion to the PR once I have reviewed it.
   
   <!-- streview-comment:924 -->


-- 
This is an automated message from the Apache Git Service.
To respond to the message, please log on to GitHub and use the
URL above to go to the specific comment.

To unsubscribe, e-mail: [email protected]

For queries about this service, please contact Infrastructure at:
[email protected]

Reply via email to