DanielLeens commented on PR #11545:
URL: https://github.com/apache/seatunnel/pull/11545#issuecomment-5968655601

   Thanks @SEZ9 - answering from the commit history of the current head 
`ac6c41cdb` (a dev sync on top of `7c91ebec2`), so you can verify against the 
real diff.
   
   **Where each item lives (all already pushed on this PR, none are 
description-only):**
   - F5 / F1 (launcher side): `504eb8b29` "Enforce the Java 11 baseline and 
mandatory module flags in launch scripts" - touches `seatunnel.sh` and 
`seatunnel-cluster.sh` under `seatunnel-core/seatunnel-starter/src/main/bin/`.
   - F2 / F4: `1b1da9e86` "Report denied Kerberos reflective access instead of 
failing silently" - touches `KuduUtil.java` and `PaimonSecurityContext.java`.
   - F3: the shipped `config/jvm_options`, `jvm_master_options` (and siblings) 
now carry a short comment per flag naming its consumer (Hazelcast internals, 
the `URLClassLoader#addURL` plugin loaders, or the Kerberos reload helpers), so 
operators can see what each flag is for before pruning. The list itself is 
unchanged: I kept all six because Hazelcast's own reflective access is not 
visible from first-party call sites. If you still want the list narrowed, 
please tell me which flag you believe is unnecessary and I will either drop it 
or add the evidence.
   - F6 / F8: the workflow-level `JAVA_TOOL_OPTIONS` is gone from 
`backend.yml`. The six flags are carried by `SUREFIRE_JVM_ARGS` in the 
unit-test steps (Linux and Windows), and `7c91ebec2` moves the pom side into a 
plain `surefire.module.args` property, because the old JDK-activated profile 
deactivated the `release` profile and dropped `seatunnel-dist` from the reactor 
(the cause of the "Dependency licenses" failure).
   
   **One thing I found while re-reading, which I should fix:** the explanatory 
comment at the top of `backend.yml` still says the flags come from the 
`jdk9-plus-test-opens` profile, but `7c91ebec2` deleted that profile in favor 
of `surefire.module.args`. I will correct that wording in my next push.
   
   **Not done yet:** the `incompatible-changes.md` note about the launcher 
re-injecting flags (F1 docs) - agreed to land it together with the next fix 
commit.
   
   I have not run anything locally for this reply; CI on the fork is the 
verification path, and the current head's fork run was cancelled/failed after 
the dev sync, so I will re-trigger it after the next push rather than quote it 
as evidence.
   


-- 
This is an automated message from the Apache Git Service.
To respond to the message, please log on to GitHub and use the
URL above to go to the specific comment.

To unsubscribe, e-mail: [email protected]

For queries about this service, please contact Infrastructure at:
[email protected]

Reply via email to