We are getting closer to being able to release a Common/HDFS/MapReduce 1.0. I'd hope that we'll get the last set of things in to 0.22 that mean that it would be labelled 1.0. Toward that end, I'd like to start locking down the APIs that we've marked as public stable. What that would mean is that any interface that is tagged with the @InterfaceStability.Stable and @InterfaceAudience.Public in the 0.21.0 release should not have any changes committed that require a recompilation of client code. This will provide a stable basis for our users' applications and reduce the costs of upgrades.

Clearly, I'm +1.

-- Owen