On Aug 9, 2013, at 14:43, "Roman Shaposhnik" <r...@apache.org> wrote:

> On Fri, Aug 9, 2013 at 2:28 PM, Doug Cutting <cutt...@apache.org> wrote:
>> On Fri, Aug 9, 2013 at 1:15 PM, Alejandro Abdelnur <t...@cloudera.com> wrote:
>>> pinging again, I need help from somebody with sudo access to the hadoop
>>> jenkins boxes to do this or to get sudo access for a couple of hours to set
>>> up myself.
>>
>> Have you asked on builds@ or filed an INFRA Jira issue or asked on #asfinfra?
>>
>> http://wiki.apache.org/general/Jenkins
>
> Last time I did I was told that those were special boxes donated by Yahoo! and
> they required a different protocol for getting onto them. In fact, I
> was under the
> impression that even ASF INFRA guys couldn't admin those boxes. Not sure
> whether it has changed -- hence asking here first.

Yahoo hosts build slaves for Hadoop and other ASF projects. Since Hadoop
development community requested to keep slaves separated from other ASF
projects, Infra team doesn't want to maintain it.

Machines in Y! data center (minerva, vesta, etc) are in apache.org domain and
are managed by ASF infra. The rest, asf*.ygridcore.net are managed by me.

Most of the accounts those boxes are not Yahoos. Any commiter, independent of
their
employer, can get access and the expectation the it would only be used for
builds. This restriction was put in to stop people from using these as their
personal dev boxes.

I apologize for not responding soon. Alejandro did send me an email about this.
It's been a crazy week.