merging a multi jiras feature from one branch to another is much easier in git,
you can keep all jiras as single commits, you can do any necessary rebasing
locally, you cant tweak CHANGES.txt locally, tweak and rebase and squash as
necessary, check everything locally, iterate, then push when things are ready.

adopting gerrit would be gr8 too.

thx

Alejandro
(phone typing)