Hi Junping,

Thanks a lot for leading the effort on 2.6.4.

We were discussing in HDFS-9629, and have agreement on adding an additional
step in the release process to update the year in the webui footer. See

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HDFS-9629?focusedCommentId=15130043&page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel#comment-15130043

I noticed that the current RC for 2.6.4 still has the year of 2014 (the
example steps in the above link is validated on 2.6.4 RC0). So the steps I
proposed in the link could be applied when we create new RCs.

Thanks Akira for +1 on this proposed additional release step. Once we have
an agreement on the details, we will update the wiki page accordingly.

Best,

--Yongjun