Thanks Allen for the additional information.

In the past, release manager closed the tickets and the process is written in the wiki: https://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/HowToRelease

> 10. In JIRA, close issues resolved in the release. Disable mail notifications for this bulk change.

Therefore, let's close them.

On 2017/04/27 3:01, Allen Wittenauer wrote:

On Apr 25, 2017, at 12:35 AM, Akira Ajisaka <aajis...@apache.org> wrote:
Maybe we should create a jira to track this?

I think now either way (reopen or create) is fine.

Release doc maker creates change logs by fetching information from JIRA, so
reopening the tickets should be avoided when a release process is in progress.

        Keep in mind that the release documentation is part of the build
process.  Users who are doing their own builds will have incomplete
documentation if we keep re-opening JIRAs after a release.  At one point, JIRA
was configured to refuse re-opening after a release is cut.  I'm not sure why
it stopped doing that, but it might be time to see if we can re-enable that
functionality.