Hey guys,

I and a few of my colleagues would like to help here and move 2.7.4 release
forward. A few points in this regard.

1. Reading through this thread since March 1 I see that Vinod hinted on
managing the release. Vinod, if you still want the job / have bandwidth
will be happy to work with you.
Otherwise I am glad to volunteer as the release manager.

2. In addition to current blockers and criticals, I would like to propose a
few issues to be included in the release, see the list below. Those are
mostly bug fixes and optimizations, which we already have in our internal
branch and run in production. Plus one minor feature "node labeling", which
we found very handy, when you have heterogeneous environments and mixed
workloads, like MR and Spark.

3. For marking issues for the release I propose to
 - set the target version to 2.7.4, and
 - add a new label "release-blocker"
That way we will know issues targeted for the release without reopening
them for backports.

4. I see quite a few people are interested in the release. With all the
help I think we can target to release by the end of May.

Other things include fixing CHANGES.txt and fixing Jenkins build for 2.7.4
branch.

Thanks,
--Konstantin

==========  List of issue for 2.7.4  ===========
------ Backports
HADOOP-12975 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HADOOP-12975>. Add du
jitters
HDFS-9710 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HDFS-9710>. IBR batching
HDFS-10715 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HDFS-10715>. NPE when
applying AvailableSpaceBlockPlacementPolicy
HDFS-2538 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HDFS-2538>. fsck removal
of dot printing
HDFS-8131 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HDFS-8131>. space-balanced
policy for balancer