Thanks Alan … i was going to point to that as i remember their was a need to
align with DPA and Afrinic was registered as a data controller. But am sure
we’ll get over the hurdle.

> On Apr 11, 2018, at 18:00, Alan Barrett <alan.barr...@afrinic.net> wrote:
>

>> On 11 Apr 2018, at 17:54, Mike Silber <silber.m...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> No issue with doing a proper information audit (what there is, where it is
>> stored, how it can be accessed and by whom). That is just good information
>> security practice.
>>
>> However I am still not certain that holding any of that information actually
>> makes AfriNIC a controller in terms of the GDPR.
>
> I am pretty sure that AFRINIC is a data controller in terms of the Mauritius
> Data Protection Act, which is aligned with GDPR.
>
> Yes, we are auditing the information we hold and the way we process it, and I
> expect to be able to report on progress at the AIS meeting in early May.
>
> Alan

Kris Seeburn
seebur...@gmail.com
www.linkedin.com/in/kseeburn/ <http://www.linkedin.com/in/kseeburn/>

"Life is a Beach, it all depends at how you look at it"