Dear Ashok,

On 12/04/18 13:55, Ashok wrote:

> On a side note, Convention 108 is the first and only international
> legally binding instrument dealing explicitly with data protection and
> currently has 51 signatories including 47 Council of Europe Member
> States as well as Uruguay until Mauritius became the 49th State Party
> and the first African country. The treaty entered into force on 1
> October 2016 in Mauritius. [ Extract from Data Protection Office Document].

Thank you for this information.

I could not find any proper reference on the DPO website; except vague
mentions in presentation slides[1]. Besides the DPO published annual
reports of 2009 till 2013 only. I could not find the annual report of
2016 to find more information therein.

(I contacted DPO for the report.)

Regards,

Ish Sookun