> On Aug 1, 2021, at 12:21 , Noah <n...@neo.co.tz> wrote:
>

> On Sun, 1 Aug 2021, 20:47 Owen DeLong, <o...@delong.com
> <mailto:o...@delong.com>> wrote:
>

>> On Aug 1, 2021, at 06:06 , Noah <n...@neo.co.tz <mailto:n...@neo.co.tz>>
>> wrote:
>>

>> On Sun, 1 Aug 2021, 15:43 Andrew Alston via Community-Discuss,
>> <community-discuss@afrinic.net <mailto:community-discuss@afrinic.net>> wrote:
>>
>> Let those who wish to run the risks of staying with AfriNIC through this
>> situation do so
>> - let those who choose not to accept the risk profile transfer out - problem
>> solved.
>>
>> https://afrinic.net/policy/archive/inbound-transfer-policy
>> <https://afrinic.net/policy/archive/inbound-transfer-policy>
>>
>> Noah
>> PS: confusion of the highest order.
>
> Who is confused, Noah?
>
> Andrew who penned down that failed Inbound Transfer Policy Proposal in 2016
> and today was suggesting an Outbound transfer policy to move IPv4 space out
> of AFRINIC service region.  There is some confusion there.

I don’t think he’s confused, I think you fail to recognize a: the context in
which he penned that 2016 proposal and b: the ways in which circumstances have
changed today.
> Personally, I think the simpler and more expedient thing would be for the
> board to merely ratify
> the existing consensus RTP,
>
> Says Owen who recently on Thu Jul 29 01:22:17 UTC 2021 cautioned the same
> AFRINIC board from ratifying a proposal under some appeal.

Yes… Difference is that there’s arguably no valid appeal standing against RTP.

Co-chairs declared consensus.
Appeal submitted
Co-chairs returned proposal to list for further community input.
Consensus was confirmed by the community and again confirmed by co-chairs. Thus
this consensus declaration was not the subject of the previous appeal.
Proposal submitted to board fro ratification after second consensus call.

> I refer you to the archives
> https://lists.afrinic.net/pipermail/rpd/2021/013651.html
> <https://lists.afrinic.net/pipermail/rpd/2021/013651.html>
>
> Jordi > I’ve submitted several appeals, so I know very well that only
> patience is needed.
> Owen: I would think you, of all people, would understand the need for the
> board to at least acknowledge the appeal and provide some assurance that it
> will not ratify a policy that should be under appeal.
>
> Jordi > The Board will not be able to ratify a policy under appeal until the
> appeal is resolved. That’s it.
> Owen: Normally, I would agree with you. However, in the face of recent
> events, I am unwilling to place so much faith in
> this current board.
>
> Is it safe to say that you Owen is equally confused.

Nope… But apparently I was right about you being confused. You seem to fail to
grasp the difference in circumstance for the two policies you mention above.

> but Andrew’s suggestion could also mitigate risks for members.
>
> It remains Andrew's personal opinion and not the consensus of 75% of the
> membership base.

How did you measure this 75%’s opinions? Please do tell.

Further, what do members have to do with policy? Policy is under the control of
the community. Members get control of the board and the bylaws.

Owen