Sylvain Wallez wrote:

Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:

Dear ASF citizens,

I would like to propose the creation of the 'community.apache.org' web site.

Currently, some people have their apache homepage on www.apache.org/~name and some on cvs.apache.org/~name and some don't have it.

This creates fragmentation and confusion.

I would like to propose the creation of such a virtual host so that all apache homepages will be hosted at

http://community.apache.org/~name

+1, although I would prefer a shorter name like "people" that was proposed at some time.

+1. "people" is good if only homepages are hosted. For community-wide content community is better :)

1) short bio
2) picture (possibly funny)
3) sound file with the person pronouncing their name (so hopefully people will stop mispronouncing names! like mine, for example!)
4) interests and projects currently worked on.

+1, although the sound file (and maybe the picture too - although it's good to put faces on names) should be optional.

+1, -0 for audio.

Vadim

http://www.apache.org/~stefano/community/

Funny attraction-repulsion thing. Can it scale up to the several hundreds of Apache committers ?

Sylvain