While I agree that this list should be opened up, I
don't think this is the right time.  While you were
away, this issue was opened up again, and it seemed
apparent that few opinions have changed since this
issue was voted upon.  I suggest tabling the issue for
at least a few months, while working on some
convincing arguments for allowing a wider audience.
If we talk about it now, I'm pretty sure people will
feel that it's been done to death and be fairly
intransigent.

- Morgan

--- "Andrew C. Oliver" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I would like to propose that after seeing the way
> that this list
> functions up until now, that it the issue
> be reconsidered and that it be re-opened to the
> public.
>
> Main considerations:
> * there is already a private list *committers* which
> important issues
> like "gee the server was attacked, please don't
> leave publically
> executable/writable files in your home director
> expecially you, you and you
>
> * The quality of the conversation will increase
>
> * The dumb user who stumbles in factor is pretty
> low.  Since
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] was moved to the bottom
> of the mail2.html
> page under everything else,
> the moron flamewars have settled.  Now all the
> flamewars are started and
> run by primarily committers.
>
> * promotes community and discourages the perception
> that we're arrogant
> snobs
>
> Minor considerations:
>
> * I will rejoin and stop whining about it.
>
> -Andy

> [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> For additional commands, e-mail:
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]