> the issue be reconsidered and that it be re-opened to the public.

Obvious question: what has changed since you proposed that
community@apache.org be open back in October
(http://nagoya.apache.org/eyebrowse/[EMAIL PROTECTED]&ms
gNo=60)?  I don't believe that you want your proposal to be viewed as coming
from the "ask, re-ask, and ask again until you get the answer you want"
school of whining, so you should be prepare to explain why the previous
decision should be reconsidered, and why the reasons that you should accept
as being valid then, whether you agreed with them or not, no longer apply.

Perhaps if you want an open list, this one or otherwise, you should see what
can be done to address the valid objections that were raised before.  For
example, I understand that at the moment, infrastructure policy discussions
are supposed to be held on this list instead of the infrastructure list,
until there is a consensus on the policy.  The infrastructure list is
supposed to to be reserved for operations.  I suggested an
infrastructure-policy list which Dw appears to favor, although I'm not aware
of any action to implement.

One argument in your favor is that the archives for this list are now
visible to the public.

        --- Noel