> the ASF as a US organisation should have resonable and
> demonstratable oversight over its publicly visible site.

If Wiki vandalism becomes an issue, I have a two part proposal, each part
being independent of the other:

 1.  Require end users to register, just as they have to
     register for a mailing list.  The registration process
     would e-mail a unique SSL cert to install into a browser.
     With that SSL cert in place, users can edit the Wiki.
     Without it, they are read-only.

 2.  Per-PMC Wiki.  With per-PMC Wiki in place, all Wiki updates
     are posted to a reasonable list, e.g. mail would go to the
     same list as cvs changes to the related site.

This should harmonize with earlier discussion on the infrastructure list.
Thoughts?

        --- Noel