On 23-Jan-04, at 15:14 Uhr, Greg Stein wrote:
* The Board has approved the new Apache License 2.0. For a copy of that
license, please see http://www.apache.org/licenses/.

The Board has also mandated that all ASF software must be switched to
the new license by March 1st, 2004. Please watch this space for
further instructions on how to "use" the new license.

That looks like great news.
Everytime I see an open-source license coming out, I keep having the same question: what is expected, what is known (and known to fail), in terms of applicability of this license in other countries than the USA ?
There has been loads of discussions in Europe about the applicability of most Open-Source license, it seems there's none. The GPL has been the first victim but I think the Apache License 1.1 is such as well.

Any clues ?

thanks

paul