On Tuesday 12 October 2004 21:02, Ben Hyde wrote:

> Projects that: fail to
> welcome new comers; fail to bring in credible new contributors ... well
> they are just stupid.  They will ultimately become dysfunctional and
> implode.

Question; Should Open Source be Open Participation?

I am sure that the upper-tier of ASF would shiver at the thought that hordes
of people can gain direct access to the repositories. They/we will dust of
the same arguments of why Wiki won't work. But it does. Why? Because *most*
people *want* it to work.

Can it work on code? _I_ am absolutely certain, but I never expect that the
hard-earned ranks of the upper-tier in ASF to willingly relinguish the
'military style rankings' that makes up ASF and most other OSS projects.

Future will tell, but I am putting my money on Open Participation Software
(OPS) where everyone is welcome to join in, not barriers of entry and
"militarism" of promotions. ;o)

You heard it here first :o)

Cheers
Niclas