I believe that '-force-overwrite' allows the upgrade to proceed
without necessitating an uninstall.

Since OM documentation is so sparse, I have assumed that Debian dpkg
command line options would work, as long as you get the syntax right.

On Wed, Jul 23, 2008 at 8:09 PM, Dale Schumacher
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 23, 2008 at 6:54 PM, Stroller <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> wrote:
>>
>> There's a bug in TRAC for this:
>> https://docs.openmoko.org/trac/ticket/1569
>>
>> The fix there went from "in testing" to bug "closed" in the last couple of
>> days, so presumably it works. Please confirm.
>
> This is exactly the problem.  I applied the recommended fix:
>
> opkg -force-depends remove libncurses5
> opkg install ncurses libncurses5
>
> Now everything seems to be up-to-date.  Thanks!
>
> Should this be in the wiki somewhere, or will new users not have this
> problem if they update/upgrade directly from the factory image?
>
>> Also, could you possibly post to the list in plain text, not HTML?
>
> Sure, I could.  I thought it would be more clear to post the transcript in
> fixed font.  Doesn't it come through as multi-part-alternative anyway, so
> you should have a plain-text version too?  It seems the richer markup is
> often useful.

Craig Allen
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
781-742-2005