On Mon, 27 Dec 2010 17:40:54 +0100
Radek Polak <pson...@seznam.cz> wrote:

Hi Radek,
thank you for the great distrib! I'm using QtMoko since v20.

[...]
> As Gennady already pointed out, you should use qi which has ubifs
> boot parameters compiled in. Please flash this [1]

That is the Qi vesion I use.
The QtMoko v30 boot problem is solved by reloading u-boot_env
patition to Gennady's sample config. I think debian install.sh with Qi
option polluted u-boot_env kernel options.
Does Qi read u-boot_env?

>qi or if you want
> to compile from sources you can use this [2] link.

That's the sources I'v looked at to learn how Qi uses NAND partitions.
Funny
find ./ -exec grep -H ubi '{}' ';'
finds nothing relevant. Am I looking at the right sources?

I think it wold be ideal if Qi wold treat NAND as a regular partition,
i.e. wold read  kernel options from identity-ext2/append-GTA2.
I think I could implement that. Looking for the place in the sources
where Qi reads append-GTA02. Have a little difficulty understanding
the sources.
In
radekp-qi-c38b062/src/cpu/s3c2442/gta02.c
i see dynparts(NAND partitions) location and size appended to cmdline.

After

len = ext2fs_open("usb");

Qi reads 'usb' file and appends g_ether parmas to cmdline.

Also there is
radekp-qi-c38b062/src/phase2.c
that looks like it can be reading append-[device] file.
Am I looking at the right place?