My Apple Macintosh SE/30 has finally got "SimasiMac" (Horizontal Stripes) on
boot up.

I have refered to the following URL, to determine what to do next ;

http://www.biwa.ne.jp/~shamada/fullmac/repairEng.html

I have determined that I need to replace the following capacitors ;

(C1,C3,C4,C5,C7,C8,C9,C10,C12,C13) with Chip Type Electrolytic Capacitor
(47uF 16v)

(C6) with Chip Type Electrolytic Capacitor (1uF 50v)

I have suitable replacements from the RS Electronics Web Site, which have
2000 to 5000 hrs of life.

They seem to be surface mounted & soldered from above & not from below.

Q1) My question is how do you desolder & solder a chip capacitor ??

Q2) I have a Low Wattage 230v 15W Soldering Iron, I would imagine I will
need 0.5mm DIA or 1.0mm DIA soldering tip ?

Look forward to your responses.

Regards

Geraint