> From: Daan Goedkoop

> Some time ago, my SE/30 did the same - it just hung at bootup. In my
> case an ADB connection was dirty. After pulling the mouse,
> keyboard and Wacom Tablet and plugging them in again, everything
> worked fine.

 Well, I got one of 'em working last night; managed to boot it off
install floppies. It ended up dropping it from System 7.5 down to
7.0, but it boots now. The other one gives me the Simasimac pattern;
I'll have to try the dishwasher trick on it.

 Interestingly, the Simasimac pattern doesn't come up if it's using
a IIsi ROM; it doesn't boot, but you don't get the zebra stripes.

 Anyway, anyone got drivers for a Cabletron SE/30 Ethernet card? I
found a link on the web here:

 http://www.macdrivermuseum.net/network.shtml

 ...but it looks like Cabletron's web domain has expired and the
FTP server is down. I'll extract the drive from the non-working
machine eventually, and see if I can pull the drivers off of it,
but it'd be nice to have the image.

 Finally, I've got a video card for a Radius Color Pivot monitor.
It's SE/30-sized; it wouldn't fit in a IIsi case. At least, not
with the lid on. I don't have the actual monitor, but if anyone's
looking for such a card and is willing to pay for shipping I'll
gladly send it along.

 Sincerely,

 Ray Ingles                                    (313) 227-2317

 Don't worry about people stealing your ideas. If your ideas
 are any good, you'll have to ram them down people's throats.
                       - Howard Aiken

and then destroy it.