Quoting Sylvain Gelly <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

But often it also suddenly pick a really bad move and play it so the
descrioption above is a little idealized.

Did you try picking the move with the highest number of simulations rather
than the higher average? This only modification gave MoGo a +10% against
gnugo in 19x19 (from 40% to 50% with 70k sim/move). And you can't say that
it is a difficult modification to do :).

No I have not tried that yet. I think I have been planning to modify time
control, so that it will try to stop thinking when the highest winrate has been
searched significantly more than the second highest winrate.

-Magnus