From: Don Dailey <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

On Mon, 2007-01-22 at 03:43 +0100, alain Baeckeroot wrote:
> The few games i played against mogobot on 19x19 shows that it does not
> "know" overconcentration. And i can safely bet that increasing
> thinking time will not solve this,

>By definition, a scalable program can solve all problems so your statement is
>incorrect.

Is Computer Go infinitely scalable? Is Mogobot, in particular, scalable?

Most programs reach scalability limits at some point. If the concept of
"overconcentrated shape" is not inherent in a given program, it might take a
vast number of simulations to compensate for that lack.

I suspect that monte carlo will need to be merged with some method of learning
patterns and concepts to play higher-level Go in human-scale timeframes.