Once upon a time, I did analysis of the inaccuracy of pseudo liberties.
Searching quickly, I found:
http://computer-go.org/pipermail/computer-go/2005-October/003839.html

For any interested, I did come up with a variant of pseudo liberties
that was a lot closer to real liberties.  My post about "local
liberties" is here:
http://computer-go.org/pipermail/computer-go/2005-October/003852.html

As far as I know, pseudo-liberties are only used for detecting a
capture or detecting atari.  If this method you suggest has some value
beyond that, then I'm interested to learn more about it.  But the
message that you linked seems to leave out a lot of details.  You give
conclusions, but I am left wondering how to do my own "open triangle
tracking."