When it comes to a search, one need to ask that is my evaluation function
perfect?

There are exceptional cases in the late endgame and on tiny boards,
but in general this is not an interesting question (because it
obviously won't be perfect).

In my opinion the question should be: is the evaluation function of a
probabilistic nature.

Alpha/Beta cutoffs only make sense when calling the evaluation
function twice on the exact same position can be guaranteed to provide
the exact same value. This is obviously not the case for MC
evaluation, hence the success of UCT.

Erik