used to drive move selection in this fashion?

From: Don Dailey <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

On Wed, 2007-04-04 at 09:17 -0400, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> 7.5 komi is for the 19x19 game (7.5/361). It may not be correct for
> the 9x9 (7.5/81). From games played on CGOS what is the correct komi?
>
> Daniel Liu

It's not possible to figure this because most of the programs
on CGOS use the Monte Carlo approach and the komi affects the
way they play.   So you cannot, for instance, calculate what
the score would be assuming a different komi - you would find
a lot of losses because in reality programs like Mogo or Lazarus
and many others are concerned only with winning, not the margin
of victory.

Nevertheless, the number of white vs black wins is extremely
close on CGOS.   I could get an actual calculation if you
want, but many months ago I did a breakdown by rating and
found that the higher rated the players,  the closer the
statistic to 50/50.   You can find this on some old post
somewhere.  It might be difficult to find it.