> > From: Nick Wedd <nick <at> maproom.co.uk>> > Subject: Re: [computer-go]
> > Mertin's private 9×9 & 19×19 tournament> > Date: 2007-10-09 10:28:38 GMT >
> > somebody have more information?> > > > This is Stefan Mertin. He runs
> > tournaments by getting copies of > > go-playing programs and playing them
> > against each other. He has told me > > of his plans to run one this year,
> > but he may have decided that with > > CGOS working so well, it would be
> > superfluous. He has posted to this > > list, so let's hope he sees this
> > thread.> > Nick> > YES! > It´s me - Stefan Mertin in Osnabrueck, Germany
> my home PC is still running (nearly night and day!) playing new games

Hi Stefan,

thanks for your reply.
Now I understand what you have done, it is a lot of work.

A few remarks:

I find it interesting that you are using such a broad range of programs.
Many of them are not present on CGOS.
Now you are stating that you have an universal interface by which you
can interface the program directly to any other program.
Did you though about creating an interface from every program to GTP
(if necessary) and running the games against the pool on CGOS?
By rotating the different programs it would be possible to get a rating
for each program on CGOS, which includes the newest programs by
default. This sounds interesting for me.

The new Monte Carlo programs are almost all using chinese rules only,
while I have read that you are japanese rules. How do you cope with
this now?

Success,
Edward.