David Doshay <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes
> Hi Stefan,
> What would you do about machines with different hardware requirements?
> We sent email a few years ago about SlugGo, and at that time there was
> nothing you could do about having it compete because of its multi-Mac needs.
>
> Cheers,
> David

Yes, sorry, but it is true. I want to try make participation of
Linux programs possible but other platforms and hardware
requirements are above my possibilities.
If I understand it right, luckily we soon will have a new
19x19 CGoS - as on 9x9 I think this still will be the best
testing environment for your special hardware go engines!

One day hopefully there will be some more live tournaments
with humans and computers playing and with a good sponsor
for some prize money...! I organized a very humble little
9x9 Go Suzie plays against human players event
on the European Go Congress last summer in Villach, Austria,
and some very strong profi players from Korea, Russian,
Europe were trying it with a lot of people watching and
having fun. Suzie played around 5 kyu on the computer
available there. Martin Mueller did present a lecture
on progress in computer Go and really a lot of people
showed very much interest.

But did you ever try roundbased tournaments like Dragon go server
or email-go like It´sYourTurn?
Would be great to have some games played there by your
best playing configuration with very long time settings, no?!

Thanks,
   Stefan