On 10/11/07, David Fotland <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> But the only way to settle this is to do some experiments.  I could
> certainly be wrong.  If we have a mogo-many faces match on 19x19 cgos, and
> we also have them play for ratings against people on kgs, it would settle
> it.

Mogobot1 and mogobot2 are rated 2k and 3k, respectively, on KGS.
CrazyStone is rated 2k. All of these numbers are with moderate time
controls (not the 15 minute sudden death time controls that became a
subject of controversy).

There was also KCConGui, running KCC Igo, that played for a while on
KGS. I don't know whether it was an official bot, or whether its
departure had anything to do with its lopsided losing record against
CrazyStone. The KCConGui page notes that KCC Igo won the Gifu
Challenge four years in a row, most recently against sparse
competition, but the best claim to the computer go throne belongs to
Steenvreter, for edging out Mogo and CrazyStone in the stronger ICGA
tournament.