In message <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, Rémi Coulom <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes
Nick Wedd a écrit :
FUTURE TOURNAMENTS

I learned today about the UEC Cup ( http://jsb.cs.uec.ac.jp/~igo/eng/
), a major Computer Go event that is now less than a week away.  I
wish I had known about it sooner, I would have listed it at
http://www.computer-go.info/events/future.html, and maybe rescheduled this Sunday's KGS bot tournament.

How do people find out about these things? I am not aware that the UEC Cup has been mentioned on this mailing list.

I would participate in the KGS tournament if it takes place this weed-end, but it might be a good idea to postpone it. Aya and GGMC may have problems to participate in both. This week-end would be more convenient for me, but I would participate next week too.

Unfortunately I cannot have read Shunsuke's posting, or I would have changed the date. I am not able to change it now - I have other commitments for every other Saturday and Sunday this year.

PAST TOURNAMENTS

I have also failed to find any reports of results from two less important computer Go events which were scheduled for early this month: the Hakone tournament (a side-event to the 12th Game Programming Workshop in Kanagawa), and the Cotsen Open, a human tournament which also advertised a Computer Go side-event. Does anyone have any results from these events?

This is the final table of the Hakone tournament
http://www.grappa.univ-lille3.fr/~coulom/HakoneTable.jpg
(the program in Kanji is Katsunari)

Thanks to you, and to Hideki Kato, and Terry Mcintyre, for the information you have all provided.

FAST & SLOW KGS TOURNAMENTS

Three weeks ago, I proposed running on KGS a slow bot tournament (12 hours per player per game) and a fast bot tournament (no more than five minutes per player per game). As there was no response, I shall not be running these. I will run either next year if I hear of any interest.

I think this is less interesting now that MC programs are stronger than classical programs even at fast time control.

Nick
--
Nick Wedd    [EMAIL PROTECTED]