At 11:39 AM 12/6/2007, terry mcintyre wrote:
>Any estimate of winning probability is only as good as the estimates of
>whether particular games are actually won or lost.

I propose that monte carlo programs should produce a distribution of
quantitative outcomes rather than just a simple %win.  It's
only a very little more information to collect if you bin
the outcomes in 10 point increments.

Given this kind of data, you could prefer moves that had a narrower
distribution of outcomes, and positively avoid those with bimodal
distributions where 51% win big and 49% lose big.

.. or it might be found that the distribution of outcomes is
not a usable factor.