Hi,

I guess the public version of MoGo was designed with a
> focus on 9x9 and not 19x19.

It was not more on 9x9 that 19x19, it was more or less the best settings of
MoGo against gnugo at the moment I left the developpement (early september)
for both 9x9 and 19x19.

Or is there something else I should be
> including on the command line?

As other said, but just to confirm:
--playsAgainstHuman 0
Also you have to specify
--totalTime 300

if 300 is the number of seconds of the games. If not, MoGo does not care
about the time left, and will just play a constant time per move, loosing by
time with no other worry :).

The release is designed to play against human on a server/client which
supports a scoring taking into account the dead stones. On cgos you have to
capture all dead stones.
As for the rating, I don't know all the changes that has been done on CGOS
since then, but on the old 19x19 one, the rating should be more than 2100 or
2200.

Hoping this helps,
Sylvain