Mark Boon wrote:

On 18-jan-08, at 12:01, Gian-Carlo Pascutto wrote:

But the speed of the random playout becoms less and less
important with heavy playouts.

This I don't understand at all. The improvement curve for being faster isn't different with heavy than with light playouts.

I see I didn't word this very clearly. I mean the speed of updating
the administration during playout, like liberties or pseudo-liberties
becomes less important.

I agree.

No, I did not allow single-stone suicide for either side as I see no
 reason to allow it and it would lead to lots of potential problems
(like many board repetitions). Just allowing multiple-suicide for
White is enough to push up Black's winning percentage that much.

Thanks for the info. I guess I need to retest to see if the tradeoff I made still makes sense.

--
GCP