To satisfy my standards of proof, games would have to be post-analyzed to
determine whether either side could have made better moves. Duplicate games
would be thrown out; games with inferior play would be tossed. We might not
have the resources to completely solve the game, but we could improve the
quality of the estimate. At this date, computer-vs-computer matches still tend
to have gross errors in the evaluation of seki, nakade, etc. Programs think
they are ahead when the real result is the opposite.

 Terry McIntyre <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

"Go is very hard. The more I learn about it, the less I know." -Jie Li, 9 dan