Although what Don writes is all correct, I understood the question to be rather different. It's not a matter of being able to determine the right score at the end or the right way to play, it's a matter of determining the right score after each playout. For performance reasons MC programs will cut corners there which could be taken advantage of when playing by Japanese rules because the after the playout it is prone to getting the wrong score in certain situations.

Mark