Mark Boon wrote:
I think I've seen people post about playing with Japanese rules in relation to MC programs. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think I saw people do some adjustment in that case. Does that mean they actually use Chinese scoring internally?

Mark

Yes. The recipe is:

- play as usual with Chinese rules,
- take a one-point security margin with respect to komi,
- pass as soon as the opponent passes.

You also have to be careful to score seki the Japanese way in the playouts. This is the most difficult part. If your playouts don't understand seki, then you can just ignore seki, or take more than one point of security margin if you wish to be safe.

Rémi