Robert,

Can you dig out the textbook where you got this list from and be more
precise about what they are trying to define?    It's obvious that they are
providing some kind of formal framework for establishing the CREDIBILITY of
a claim of proof,  not what a proof or solution really is.

For instance if I solve a Rubiks cube in private, is it sudenly not solved
because I did not follow certain arbitrary formalities?    No,  it just
means that I cannot credibly claim to have solved it.

The 5x5 guys, in my opinion, did not credibly solve the 5x5 board.   But I
don't think they made extravagant claims either.  It's extremely common in
games research to have papers like this, where results are reported but
completely unverifyable and it drives me nuts.

- Don